Palm oil tree with great amount of Brassolis Sp.
commonly called "Ahuihuas"
- Low yield (till 2 tons/ hectare/ year) due
to presence of plagues and diseases.
- In addition the soil is acidic, shows little
fertility and is overgrown with weeds.
- The Ministry of Agriculture has
tried all means like: Chemical, biological, cultural control
and others to end the sanitary problems and the
problems of toxicity and infertility of the soil.
- Yield is decreasing from harvest to harvest.
- High percentage of non commercial fruits.